Honda Logistics North America, Inc. - Administrative Coordinator (Interpretation/Translation)
CONTACT: To apply for this position, submit a current resume to Natalie Claassen in Human Resources at Natalie_Claassen@hlna.com.
COMPANY: Honda Logistics North America, Inc.
LOCATION: East Liberty, Ohio
DEPARTMENT: Regional Office
POSITION: Administrative Coordinator (Interpretation/Translation)
SHIFT: 1st shift, M – F: 7:30am - 4:00pm
FLSA STATUS: Salary Exempt
REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager
Seeking to hire a full-time Japanese/English, interpreter/translator to act as a communication bridge between Japanese and American professionals in the automotive supply chain business. This individual will be working full-time onsite, Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Additional travel and overtime may be requested. Interpreting and translation will take place via teleconferencing, in small and large office meetings and on the manufacturing plant floor. In addition, translation of technical and nontechnical documents and e-mails will be performed.
The ideal candidate is a native Japanese speaker who also is fluent in English, extremely detail oriented, an effective communicator, has demonstrated the ability to earn the trust of stakeholders across a cross-functional team of individuals, is data-driven, has a strong eye for opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Facilitate smooth communications during meetings, presentations, telephone and audio visual meetings (or any other means that communication occurs) by providing simultaneous interpretation of Japanese to English and vice versa in an accurate and timely manner.
• Provide accurate and timely translation of documents or other written forms of communication from Japanese to English and vice versa. Check original texts or confer with authors to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning, and feeling of the original material. Refer to reference materials such as dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias, and computerized terminology banks as needed to ensure translation accuracy.
• Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
• May occasionally accompany and/ or assist Japanese personnel with activities of a personal nature or day-to-day living (ex. medical appointments, establishing housing/ utilities, etc.) as needed.
• Conduct interpretation and translation services in a professional, courteous manner.
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS):
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
• Three years technical interpreter/ translator experience.
• Must be fluent in both Japanese and English (written and verbal).
• Adequate vocabulary of technical terms in the fields of manufacturing, engineering and accounting or the ability and desire to broaden knowledge as needed.
• Comfortable speaking to both large and small groups.
• Good understanding of Japanese and American business customs.
• Ability to operate computer and Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion.
• Availability and flexibility to work overtime as needed.
• Availability for occasional domestic and international travel.