Plante Moran Japanese Business Services – Audit Internship (June-August 2021)
Job Title: Japanese Business Services – Audit Internship (June-August 2021)
Locations: Chicago, IL ; Columbus, OH
Make your mark. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, the sky’s the limit. From day one, we invite you to make a difference—to be remarkable. Plante Moran has one of the fastest-growing and most exciting Japanese practices in the U.S. We offer talented professionals an excellent opportunity to grow into their full potential and to experience satisfaction in serving both Japanese and American clients and fellow staff members.
Forget about getting coffee and making copies. As an intern, you’ll be treated just like our entry level staff. You’ll help instill confidence in various organizations by assuring their financial health. We provide large firm-like structure, system, methodology and training as well as small firm-like closeness, attention and care to each staff member. We’ll give you the flexibility to craft business solutions, not just spreadsheets. Your work will include, but not be limited to:
· Participating in different phases of the audit and/or tax engagement.
o Planning, testing, researching, and reporting.
o Working with compilations, reviews, compliance, financial statements, and benefit plans.
o Engaging in corporate, partnership, individual, international federal, and state & local taxes.
· Meaningful interactions with staff at all levels as well as with our impressive repertoire of clients.
· Experience working with a wealth of business opportunities throughout a professional services firm.
· Detail-oriented leader with problem solving, communication, and analytical skills.
· Academic success (a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0).
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting; or Master’s degree in accounting or tax.
· On track to complete the requisite degree and supporting credits to sit for the CPA exam, with the goal of successfully obtaining your CPA license.
· Understand the nuances of Japanese business culture.
· Professional demeanor with superior communication skills (verbal and written) at the business professional level in both English & Japanese.
What makes Plante Moran different? For starters, we’re relatively jerk-free.
On the surface, we’re one of the nation’s largest audit, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. But dig a little deeper, and you’ll see what makes us different: we’re a relatively jerk-free firm with a world-class culture and an endless array of opportunities.
We’re consistently recognized as one of Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” "100 Best Companies for Millennials,” “Best Workplaces for Women,” and “Best workplaces for parents” — distinctions awarded to us based on confidential feedback from our staff. And we live by the Golden Rule—we care about our staff, clients, and communities—with one of the lowest staff turnovers in our industry. So what are you waiting for? Apply now.
This is a non-exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week. This position may require some local, national, and occasional international travel.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of qualified candidates who are bilingual in either Japanese and English or Chinese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive